REPORTS TO: Director of Audience Data
DEPARTMENT: Audience Development
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Flare, Toronto Life, Today’s Parent, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine and Quill & Quire.
The Specialist, Digital Marketing Channels works within the Digital Audience Development team across all our brands. Reporting to the Director of Audience Data, this individual will manage both organic and paid multi-channel digital marketing campaigns and marketing initiatives related to email marketing, search engine optimization and social media. The role works closely with the Sales, Product and Editorial teams at St. Joseph Media to deliver on multi-channel digital audience growth and digital revenue objectives. Plus, we’re a super fun team in an exciting part of an already thrilling business. Join us!
The Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
EMAIL PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Execute on annual and campaign-level email plans in support of our overall goals and objectives, highlighting any automation or process improvements
- Perform day-to-day email/direct channel program management for our business, including regular importing of subscriber/customer data and the set-up, testing and deployment of campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Actively participate in ongoing review discussions to provide input into opportunities for optimization
- Act as the CASL champion for St. Joseph’s Media and Communications, ensuring processes are CASL compliant, opt-in forms reflect approved legal language, all data requirements are met, and that the ongoing unsubscribe file is processed in-line with internal standards and documented processes
SEO GROWTH & EDITORIAL SUPPORT
- Execute SEO projects in support of the SEO road-map, delivering measurable audience growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and actively participate in the internal SEO council to define SEO road-map, action plans and opportunities to grow organic search traffic
- Remain up-to-date and communicate the impact of SEO best practices, trends, technology shifts and challenges that may impact SEO rankings
- Identify and assist with implementation of new SEO tools, technologies and tactics that improve and enhance SEO processes and growth
- Conduct keyword research and competitive gap analyses, and evaluate content on an ongoing basis, providing editorial teams with recommended optimization tactics to enhance on-page SEO
- Support SEO training initiatives, including hands-on training for editorial teams
- Provide recommendations on integrating SEO processes within content production workflow
SOCIAL MEDIA & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Drive and develop strategy for all our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) working in collaboration with editorial teams
- Execute paid social media initiatives and campaigns in conjunction with editorial brands and social media partners
- Monitor social media campaigns (organic and paid), and develop reports and dashboards highlighting follower growth, brand reach and engagement, and ROI on paid initiatives
- Monitor competitive landscape, providing feedback to editorial team and improving the digital presence of editorial brands
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University or College Degree in Marketing, E-commerce or Online Media with a particular focus on audience development and communication planning/personalization
- 1 – 3 years digital marketing experience, specifically within data, email/CRM or personalization.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience working with CMS platforms (WordPress) and SEO tools (Moz, Google Search Console)
- Demonstrated understanding of social media channels, best practices and how to operate on these platforms
- Experience managing both paid and organic social media campaigns
- Experience with analytics – web analytics, email analytics and audience segmentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates: please complete the form and submit your resume at this link: https://forms.gle/9scWAaWmtgTHWus27
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.