REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Finishing
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd, Concord, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Midnight Shift (Monday night 11:00 p.m. to Saturday 7:00 a.m.)
This position is responsible for the operation, setup, care and general maintenance of all saddle stitching equipment.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Set-up & maintain production of saddle stitchers, Mueller and Harris
- Maintain all equipment in good running condition & report any maintenance or mechanical problems immediately so that appropriate action can be taken
- Be proactive in area of preventative maintenance
- Working knowledge of Scitex and Prism inkjet systems
- Follow all ISO guidelines & procedures as they pertain to the SJP Quality Manual
- Maintain highest level of housekeeping & organization in department
- Promote excellent working relationships
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Grade 12, high school diploma required
- Minimum 5 years prior working experience in bindery trade
- Strong oral, written & communication skills
- Must be a motivated, self starter
- Willing to accept all training as required
- Computer basics an asset
Please submit your résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.