Are you a dynamic out of the box financial executive who has a track record of executional excellence? Do you thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment? Do you want to join a team of best in class industry leaders? If this is you, then we have a senior financial executive position for you to join our growing management team.
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) is an entrepreneurial, privately owned enterprise with platinum status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our collection of best-in-class businesses includes Commercial Printing, Document Management, Content Marketing and Media.
The Vice President, Finance will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee all corporate finance and shared service operations. This position will be a strategic partner to the leadership team and business operators.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic financial direction and successful execution of all fiscal functions of St. Joseph Communications. You will establish a culture of financial accountability and corporate governance. You will devise and implement new business and financial strategies that increase shareholder value.
We are looking for a financial executive with growth potential and upward mobility. Previous financial leadership experience is necessary to be successful in this role. As a minimum, this position requires advanced experience in the following areas:
- Financial reporting for a consolidated group of multiple diversified businesses;
- Family-owned Canadian Controlled Private Companies;
- Shareholder relations and tax planning;
- Complex debt financing structures with various institutional lenders; and
- Cash management and complex treasury functions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Financial planning, budgeting & forecasting, consolidation & financial reporting, corporate governance & compliance, procurement, risk management, financial audits, and manage real estate;
- Oversight and management of divisional financial results;
- Development and enforcement of business & financial policies, procedures and internal controls;
- Cash and cashflow management and banking;
- Present financial strategies and business results to shareholders, lenders, regulators and business partners; and
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- CPA designation;
- 10+ years of financial leadership in mid to large diversified organizations;
- Proven track record of increasing shareholder value;
- Hands-on leader with strong analytical skills and experience;
- Ability to articulate financial results and develop actionable strategies to address business challenges;
- Ability to interpret and execute non-linear strategic visions into executable operational plans;
- Advanced knowledge of ASPE, GAAP and Income Tax;
- Negotiate supplier contracts; and
- Media, manufacturing and professional services industry experience is preferred
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at: email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.