REPORTS TO: Executive Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, SJC Print & Content Groups
DEPARTMENT & DIVISION: Sales, SJC Content
You are a natural-born leader with a professional and outgoing personality, ideally with business development and client experience in content marketing across categories and at all levels including the C Suite. You are a digitally savvy, agile thinker who will motivate our sales team and inspire new customer opportunities as we continue to build Canada’s most robust content creation company. We are excited to meet you.
Experts in high-volume content for retailers, we create strategies and content for any marketing channel within our 135,000-square-foot studio and design space. As the Vice President of Sales for SJC Content, your leadership skills and drive to succeed are the perfect fit for our family-owned organization that is renowned for its entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a team-oriented environment where an open mind and collaboration are keys to success, and you excel at developing and managing Sales teams. Along with your deep insight into ever-evolving marketing solutions and digital content strategies, you excel at driving sales, engagement, retention and positive customer behaviour across all media platforms.
Key responsibilities include overseeing daily sales activity, building relationships with key clients, monitoring sales results, executing effective sales strategies to promote omnichannel products and services, and ultimately, contributing to the sales team’s success and the company’s profitability.
Essential Areas of Responsibility
- Direct and coach associates to achieve sales revenue targets and maximize customer business opportunities
- Address and resolve customer challenges on an ongoing basis, working with SJC Content’s executive team
- Collaborate with the EVP, Sales & Marketing to negotiate and execute customer agreements on behalf of the Company
- Implement and execute sales policies and practices
- Oversee all human capital requirements within the Sales department
- Participate in executive meetings and interact with SJC Content’s management teams
- Initiate process improvement discussions and establish/communicate solutions
- Ensure financial compliance to stakeholders
- Partner with SJC Content’s leadership team to create and implement annual sales plan and sales strategic vision
- Develop sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitive analysis
- Build and present business presentations to senior executives, both internally and on the client side
- Facilitate the best possible service, workflow and communication to customers and their senior management
- Meet with existing and prospective clients to promote the Company’s products and services
- Foster lasting client relationships with existing clients
- Network and identify opportunities to expand our client base
- Attend and represent SJC at local, national and/or global B2B industry conferences to maintain thought-leadership
- Set sales targets and accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenues on a weekly basis
- Evaluate the success of sales programs and implement changes to ensure client goals are achieved
- Monitor, manage and report on the sales funnel and metrics on a weekly and monthly basis and adjust the business as required to meet objectives
- Continually monitor and respond to changes in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and provide direction based on market trends, key industry issues, challenges and opportunities and customer buying patterns
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum 7-10 years of sales management experience preferably in an agency environment that includes business development, marketing and client service
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Marketing or Business Administration
- Strong marketing, analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Outstanding people and/or team management skills, providing service excellence for customer interactions
- Experience with building a successful sales team/function
- Understanding of digital media including e-commerce, social, digital signage and search
- Experience in managing national enterprise accounts
- Proven business development and client onboarding experience
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills
- Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, and metric/measurement driven
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure and adapt to changing business requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Keynote and Google-based applications within a Mac-based environment, and sales generation programs such as Hubspot
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.