POSITION: REPORTS TO: Digital Operations Manager
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Web Producer!
SJC is seeking a talented Web Producer to join our Toronto-based team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Digital Operations Manager. Their focus will be to build, configure and maintain WordPress websites, as well as be the technical contact for web editorial teams.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Use the WordPress CMS to help editorial teams build engaging content.
- Work with theWordPress CMS and troubleshoot for other WordPress users.
- Test and report any production issues within CMS or within our websites
- Make sure any created content remains AODA compliant and accessible to all users of our websites
- Identify areas of optimization in publishing process and project work
- Write documentation on optimal workflows processes for team distribution and learning
- Do light development for tools that help web editorial teams’ day-to-day tasks
- Participate in UAT testing and works with support to fix defects
- Apply natural resourcefulness to problem-solve on your own
And a bit about yourself?
- Bilingual – can read, write and speak French and English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the WordPress CMS environment and PHP preferred
- Flexibility in adapting to changing requirements as scope and deadlines change
- Thorough understanding of Git, Github, BitBucket, SVN and other version control tools
- Solid knowledge of best practices for front-end development, page speed optimization, site design standards and browser compatibility
- Solid knowledge of cross-browser and email environments (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Outlook)
- Understanding of the Agile Development workflow
- Experience with WordPress multisite networks, Jira and Confluence and with Amazon Web Services
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.